PLDT SME Nation was formed to boost effectiveness and market perfornance of small to medium-sized businesses that form the essential backbone of Philippine economy. It is dedicated to providing Filipino consumers with connectivity, hardware, and support that will suit the needs of startup entrepreneurs.
Ascendant’s EMR, through PLDT’s enterprise arm, PLDT SME Nation, has been showcased as one of PLDT’s 18 cloud-based applications. The EMR has been named as PLDT Cloud EMR with goals of enhancing clinic and medical record efficiencies as well as increasing revenue opportunities. Projects completed and instantiated were clinics from the Laguna and, very recently, one from Davao province.
LIFELINE AMBULANCE RESCUE, INC.
This is the first and only dedicated Emergency Quick Response service in the Philippines. Lifeline is a highly trusted emergency services provider and regarded as the country’s “Rescue 911”.
Ascendant recently signed an agreement to install EMR system to Lifeline’s outpatient clinics and their 9 fully equipped alpha EQR ambulances, which serve as vitural emergency rooms on wheels.
In 2007 Samsung launched their SmartTV which features an extensive array of technological advances from voice, gesture and smartphone, web browsing, universal search via voice, remote control and a broad spectrum of TV apps.
Ascendant was tasked to develop a cuisine app featuring a renowned chef from the Philippines, an airline travel information and booking app and a few educational apps for children.
CEBU ORTHOPEDIC INSTITUTE (COI)
Established in 1999 and currently operating in Cebu City, Ascendant deployed it’s EMR iMD Cloud System including server set up and network services.
THE MEDICAL CITY PASIG
A world class tertiary hospital in operation for 40 years. Ascendant was able to instantiate an EMR iMD Cloud system for orthopedic doctors clinics on a monthly subscription basis.
PHILIPPINE ORTHOPEDIC INSTITUTE
This is a private practice patterned after group practices in the United States. Established in Manila in 1987,POI has now grown into 7 clinics all over Metro Manila. Ascendant recently migrated POI’s onsite EMR iMD to Cloud. Currently the facility is employing full use of the EMR iMD on a monthly subscription basis.
INTELLICARE (ASALUS GROUP)
Intellicare is engaged in the delivery of managed healthcare services through health maintenance or plans. Ascendant help analyzed and give recommendation on the improvement of their clinic information processing system.
MERCK SHARPE & DOHME (MSD)
Merck Sharpe & Dohme is an international developer, manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceuticals. MSD agreed to purchase EMR iMD licenses and hardware install, mainly for their clients as well as for their internal usage.
Smart Communications is the Philippines dominant wireless service provider with the most extensive and modern network infrastructure. Ascendant is currently working on providing back end technical and testing solutions.
Golingay General Hospital
A Davao based 21-bed hospital that acquired an EMR subscription agreement in 2014.
A Wellness & Holistic Medicine Clinic based in Alabang, run by a dynamic team of medical practitioners, recently signed an EMR subscription based agreement to fulfill their medical records prequisites.
The EMR system will be used throughout their clinic primarily as a tool for maintaining, managing and storing of valuable patient information.
This is a large network of private social organizations based in Alexandria, Virginia, USA. Ascendant was also tasked to provide website development services.
Small Jobs Guru
This is a one-stop shop for small home improvement projects based in San Jose, California, USA. Ascendant was tasked to provide website development services.
Medliant is an international recruiting specialist for doctors, nurses, pharmacists and therapists for placement in the United States and United Kingdom. Ascendant was tasked with the conceptualization, development of their website.
EMAPTA is a company which advises and assists small business owners to gain a competitive edge by leveraging the benefits of lower operating costs provided by outsourcing companies to stimulate business growth. It specializes in General Business, Accounting and Financial Services, Legal, Marketing, IT Support, Media, Transport and Logistics, and Retail. As the motto of EMAPTA says, “Whatever your business is, and how many people you need to hire, if the skills required can be sourced in the Philippines, then the activities can be offshored with EMAPTA.”
APP DEVELOPER POSITION
We are looking for an Applications developer to join a collaborative project team in our Ayala, Makati office. As a developer, you will be responsible for working closely with your project team to deliver against business requirements for your assigned client(s). The developer shall be working more on iOS and Android projects.
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- If not a graduate of Computer Science, applicant must have atleast 3 years of solid experience working as an app developer
- If Computer Science graduate, must have atleast 2 years of working experience as an applications developer
- Strong programming and design skills
- Ability to work in an Agile & Scrum environments through development, testing and delivery
- Attention to detail & quality
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to collaborate with both co-workers and customers in a demanding environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills to converse effectively with business analysts, project managers, customers and other involved stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and think critically to develop creative solutions
- Team player that fosters a highly collaborative, flexible, supportive and open environment
- Analytical skills to efficiently comprehend requirements and make recommendations for process improvements
- Design skills for development of solutions for software applications and systems, consistent with business requirements
- Skills to define and model business unit needs with appropriate techniques and to produce design and technical specifications and documentations for use in the design and construction phase of app and systems development.
- Organizational skills to achieve timely progress on multiple simultaneous complex projects and tasks
- Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Software Management
- WCF, SOAP, REST, JSON and similar service platforms
- Interest in functional programming to meet business requirement
- Understanding of relational database systems and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Enthusiasm for learning new things (tools, techniques, processes, etc.)
- Follow software development life cycle methodology and best practices
- Analyze requests for change, code and test new functionality
- Can support acceptance tests and production tests
- Experience working with database systems with an emphasis on writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Performs experience level secretarial tasks of a confidential nature including but not limited to producing letters, reports, memorandums, etc. via the computer
- Makes photocopies, files, distributes mail, etc.
- Communicates in a positive and effective manner with executives, staff, co-workers, clients, and/or visitors
- Answers telephone communications and record messages
- Manage contact lists and customer spreadsheets
- Maintain a calendar and set up meetings
- Take transcription and handle correspondence
- Make travel arrangements
- Schedule meetings and reserve rooms for meetings
- Prepares materials for workshops, conferences, meetings, duplicates/collates
- Prepare and send out e-mail newsletters
- Prepare and collate meeting materials
- Send out requested information to customers
- Handle client inquiries by phone or e-mail
- Prepares and expedites purchase orders and direct payments, etc.
- Assists with the preparation, calculation, and execution of the budget
- Orders, distributes, and keeps an inventory of supplies
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks quickly and accurately
- Coordinate daily activities and/or schedule
- Work independently and organize complex clerical tasks
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Remain calm under trying circumstances and work with frequent interruptions
- Maintain various organizational systems needed at the school or department
- Maintain efficient office procedures and a system for keeping track of requested actions and reports
- Type from rough draft and keyboard at an efficient rate of speed
- Meet strict timelines and perform multiple tasks
- Work harmoniously with individuals and groups of employees
- Maintain financial records and make basic math computations quickly and accurately
- Skill and knowledge in the operation, use and care of office equipment
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of technology (i.e. computers, word processing, database spreadsheet programs and power point) Accomplish work responsibilities with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and ability of record keeping methods, keyboarding and preparation of correspondence
- Knowledge of the functions of the various parts of the assigned department
We are looking for competitive healthcare and/or pharmaceutical sales executives, male and female, who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment. You will act as the key link between our company and healthcare professionals and you will aim at meeting sales targets. Both will be responsible for selling iMD EMR to clinics, hospital and doctor’s offices and healthcare professionals. The goal is to increase the Ascendant EMR visibility and awareness and maximize sales growth.
DUTIES OFTEN INCLUDE:
- Arranging appointments with doctors and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling;
- Making EMR presentations to doctors and practice staff. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff;
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts
- Reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the Sales Manager or sales team. Generally, medical sales executives have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health professions;
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up to date with the latest EMR system versions supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Maintaining knowledge of healthcare developments locally and internationally, anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
- Servicing existing accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or health-related field may be preferred
- Strong customer relations skills and continual awareness of changing medical developments
- Commission and other company benefits to be discussed during interview.
This position is responsible for expert level performance in specific areas related to Ascendant Technologies’ provision of technical or business solutions/systems to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience and atleast two years demonstrable experience at the intermediate level in systems and software development.
- Provide a confirmed working history that illustrates excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Illustrate proficiency in both verbal and written communications.
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones, implementation deadlines and the like.
- Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and experience in:
- Application design, development and implementation of medium-to-large database projects.
- Data management methodologies, technologies and standards.
- Ability to define and resolve complex technical problems in heterogeneous information systems environments.
- Possess a sound working knowledge of, and significant hands on experience with, at least three of the following:
- PHP, SQL/MySQL, HTML, Microsoft .NET, C/C++, Ajax
- Database design, development, and enhancement within either Linux DBMS or the MS SQL Server DBMS
- Data Management Technologies
- Strong skills in WEB application development are essential
- Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Provide expert level programming.
- Provide expert level abilities in database design, development, and enhancement within either the oracle DBMS or the MS SQL Server DBMS.
- Assist with process, data and object modeling in a variety of application and database environments.
- Contribute to systems architecture analysis, design, development, and enhancement.
- Maintain Currency and develop greater expertise in industry leading information management technologies.
- Work to regularly debug, profile and optimize code
- New development and enhancement of existing systems.
- Participate directly in the development process of cost effective and robust applications Participate in system implementation, and documentation development
- Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing
- An advanced level of experience with technical architecture analysis, design, development, and enhancement.
- A proven ability to adapt to emerging industry leading information management technologies.